This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base in a wide variety of small business contexts. This qualification may suitable for those establishing a small business, who use well developed skills and a broad knowledge base to solve a range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others, and have responsibility for the output of others.
You will learn to:
- Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
- Plan small business finances
- Market the small business
- Undertake small business planning
- Investigate micro business opportunities
- Establish networks
- Analyse and present research information
- Promote products and services
- Undertake marketing activities
- Build and maintain relationships with small business stakeholders
This qualification is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
We allow up to 6 months to complete this course, although your actual completion time may be less depending on prior experience and the time you commit to your study.
RPL and Credit Transfer
RPL allow you to move straight into the assessment; but you required to provide valid, relevant, sufficient and current evidence/s for each unit of competency bases within this qualification.
For further information about Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and/or Credit Transfer please contact one of our friendly Course Consultants.
There are no general entry requirements for this qualification, you may have enrolled with limited or no vocational experience and without a relevant lower level qualification. Preferred pathways for you to enter in this qualification may include:
- with personal or vocational experience in a specific industry or other relevant qualification; or
- with vocational experience in a specific industry and an industry specific qualification i.e. BSB30115 – Certificate III in Business etc.
Your primary pathway from this qualification will be employment in Management job roles i.e. Small Business Manager/Supervisor. After achieving this qualification, you may undertake a qualification in a specialised area within Business Services Training Package such as marketing, management, human resources.
Please contact our friendly Course Consultants for available payment options.
How do I Enroll?
You are able to enroll either by:
- Phone on 1300 118 922 where one of our friendly Course Consultants can answer all your questions and complete the enrollment process with you, or
- Online by filling out our application form
For the course structure and further details please download the BSB42615 Certificate IV in New Small Business Management brochure below.